These links are offered for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of those web sites. The trust funds do not assess the suitability, or give any assurance about the potential value of any opinions expressed or the information contained in any outside links referenced in this web site.
- AARP — AARP is an association of over 30,000,000 seniors whose stated goal is to shape and enrich the experience of aging for their members and for all Americans. Their site contains much content of interest to seniors and access to all the products sold by AARP.
- Nolo Self Help Law Center – Retirement — Providing articles, information, and financial planning calculators.
- Senior Citizens — Information source for and about older adults, senior citizens, caregivers, health, drugs, insurance, financial issues and helpful products.
- Age of Reason — Over 5,000 Links to sites of interest to the over 50 age group
- About Senior Living — About.com guide to senior living, retirement, active living, and more.
- Retirement Net — Retirement communities, homes and properties – including active retirement communities and adult real estate developments, assisted living and continuing care, etc.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union — Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union offers Investment Services Department as a professional connection to retirement planning, investment planning, tax planning and more.
- Debt.org – Retirement Plans — Offers a quick summary of the various types of retirement plans.
- Debt.org – Saving for Retirement — Provides an overview of considerations in saving for retirement.
- Debt.org – Tax Implications of Retirement Plans — Describes the relation between taxes and retirement money.
- PBGC — The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) protects the retirement incomes of about 43 million American workers — one of every three working persons — including participants in the Pension Plan.
- Department of Labor — The Department of Labor has principal jurisdiction over the law known as ERISA. ERISA sets uniform minimum standards to assure that employee benefit plans are established and maintained in a fair and financially sound manner. This Pension Plan is regulated by ERISA.
- IRS — The Internal Revenue Service, whatever you think of it, maintains a pretty cool web site. You can download forms, look up laws, and read about taxes in plain English on the IRS web site.
- Social Security Administration — The Social Security Administration is in charge of enrolling Americans, collecting contributions from payroll taxes, and providing benefits to seniors, beneficiaries, and disabled persons. The web site allows you to request a detailed earnings history and learn about your coverage under Social Security.
- Disability Information — Disability.gov is the federal government website for comprehensive information on disability programs and services in communities nationwide.
- NCHS — This site information on where to write for vital records such as birth, death, marriage, or divorce.
- Alaska Teamsters Site — Teamsters Local 959 is a statewide Local serving members from Barrow to Ketchikan. The web site contains information on the Teamsters community, organizing, safety, newsletters, dues, calendar, and directory.
- Retiree Directory — A contact list for the retirees of this local.